The Faculty of Education of Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek founded the Alumni Centre on 19th December 2019 with the aim of connecting and assembling as well as strengthening the link between the Faculty of Education and former students. This is to support the exchange of knowledge and experience, to advance personal development of each of the alumni, and thereby to elevate the society in general.
Alumni communities exist at numerous prestigious higher education institutions home and abroad. They function as centres where former students, supported by their personal experiences, cooperate with faculties in the way of empowering, informing, counselling and directing future students in their professional growth and development. Alumni communities provide with further professional development is realized through the cooperation with their home faculty.
The mission of Alumni FOOZOS is to spread awareness of the idea and the culture of alumni as a form of socially responsible behaviour as well as to promote the name of the Faculty of Education. Furthermore, the mission is also to strengthen the connections between the Faculty and the generations of former and present students as well as their peers home and abroad, to protect common interests of Alumni FOOZOS and alumni in general and to promote the reputation of teacher’s and pre-school educators’ profession.
- to strengthen the connections between the Faculty of Education and former students
- to increase the number of members of ALUMNI FOOZOS community by automatic joining of all future graduate students of all the studies in the information system of ALUMNI FOOZOS activities and events at the Faculty of Education relevant to ALUMNI FOOZOS community
- to involve previous generations of graduate students of all the studies into the information system of ALUMNI FOOZOS activities and events at the Faculty of Education relevant to ALUMNI FOOZOS community
- to establish and maintain the relations between former and present students, mutual relations among former students – generationally and inter-generationally as well as between former students and the Faculty
- to promote and improve the activities of the Faculty of Education as an institution and as a constituent of Josip Juraj Strossmayer University
- to encourage and advance scientific, professional and practical activities of Alumni FOOZOS community members
- to develop the cooperation between the Faculty of Education and business subjects, organizations and institutions that employ former students
- to participate in international scientific, research and professional exchange and cooperation and to establish relationships with other alumni communities in Croatia and abroad
- to promote Faculty’s reputation and teachers’ and pre-school educators’ profession
Head of the Alumni FOOZOS centre: Dr Tijana Borovac, assistant professor